The Mid Way Point

The fog seems to have lifted from the second round of chemo.  I am very lucky that I have not had any nausea, but the sheer exhaustion and joint pain has been excruciating.  So far, the cold cap seems to be working.  My hair is thinning, but not falling out in clumps.  I will know by the end of the week if it is actually successful.  I was going to name this post Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow? But Kerry didn't think it was funny.

This has been a challenging few days.  It seems that the symptoms compound, so it will get worse before it gets better.  I have been lethargic and cranky.  I have  had no energy and my brain is foggy.  The worst part is the lack of taste!  I have a normal appetite, but I cant taste anything!  I need savoury or sweet.  My friend, Dionne, developed these amazing organic freezies called Deebee Pops which I LOVE (http://www.deebeesorganics.com).  I bought them at Pusateries.  They are all natural, and I can actually taste how delicious they are!  They have helped keep me hydrated, get some nutrition, and helps with my dry mouth.  Plus, they are damn good!

Another amazing discovery (THANK YOU Lynsey) is that Clariton helps with chemo joint pain!  It has been a LIFE SAVER!

I have also been using Rodan and Fields products to take care of my skin.  They happened to release a new product (Active Hydration Body Replenish) the same week I started treatment  that has helped keep my chemo skin from drying up (www.eyesonsheppard.myrandf.com/ca)!  It is one of the best products I have ever used on my skin - EVER!

I have also been INCREDIBLY bored, especially after being alone all day before the kids came home, and all of the calls, texts, emails and especially, the visits have made a huge difference!  The days stretch on and on and it can be very lonely.  I hate being idle, and this is just driven game crazy.  If I don't respond, its usually because I am resting, not that I don't love you!

And I must give a special shout out to the amazing people at Camp George.  My kids love going to camp, and it is their home away from home (or maybe THIS is their home away from camp??).  But this year, my kids needed a bit more than in other years.  Jeff, KK, Michelle and Kari, as well as the amazing counsellors made sure my kids were happy, safe and had the emotional support they needed. And, I even had a few secret pictures sent to me to make me smile on the bad days!  (https://campgeorge.org)

Well, as I said at the beginning, I am half way through.  This too shall pass.  If you're looking for me, I will lounging in my back yard!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am living a miracle right now

70

A Slight Delay