A Slight Delay

I was supposed to have my last chemo today.  However, there has been a delay.  As mentioned in my last blog, I wasn't feeling great last week.  I went to the doctor on Monday, and it seems that, while I didn't have the infection she thought, it seems that heartburn was causing acid sores in my esophagus!  YAY!  Fun!  Anyways, that is the cause of the throat issues and the medication I was on was causing the stomach issues.  But, as well, my oncologist wants to wait a week to let things settle down and heal.  I am disappointed that I won't be finished today,  but I went into this expecting that there will be a complication or delay.  I wasn't being pessimistic, just realistic.  I figured that if there was an issue, at least I had figured there would be!  And if there wasn't, than bonus!

However, by delaying, I get to have another good week before things get bad again for the last time!  I can watch Zev play baseball, celebrate Rosh Hashanna, take the girls to dance, and even go to my friend, Lynne's daughters wedding, which I have really been looking forward to!  I may not be dancing until the wee hours, but I will be there  - wig and all!

So, thats what happening in my life!  Shabbat Shalom, Shana Tovah and have a great weekend!


Comments

  1. Devorah - I hope you get to truly enjoy this weekend. An you ARE almost there :) Love to everyone, and Shana Tova. Wishing you a year of HEALING and ONLY GOOD HEALTH from there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devorah,
    Of course, we're all thinking of you & wishing you the very best.
    Jaime just called to tell me that she "met" your sister through an e-mail about Beth Israel.
    They had a lovely talk & Tova filled her in on her status.
    Shana Tova to everyone.
    Much love from Hersh & me,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am living a miracle right now

70